Cosmetic dentistry is a trend that has recently exploded. Nowadays, there are countless procedures to get the beautiful smile you have always wanted. I’m Dr. James Stewart of James Stewart, D.D.S. in Livonia, Michigan, and I want to give you a smile you will love. My team and I are proud to offer an extensive list of cosmetic procedures to our patients, but first it is necessary for you to identify what you want to change about your smile.
This quiz will help you decide which smile makeover option best fits your needs and will give you the results you are looking for.
1. What color best describes your teeth?
a. Bright white
2. Which term best describes the position of your front teeth?
a. Perfectly straight
3. Which adjective describes the shape of your front teeth?
a. Nice and attractive
4. Which words describe the size of your teeth?
a. Proportionate to my mouth/face
b. Too big
c. Too small
d. Too long
e. Too short
5. How do you feel about your smile?
a. I love it
b. It’s embarrassing
c. It’s okay
d. I don’t smile
This quiz is all based on what you see when you look in the mirror, so there are no right or wrong answers. However, there are cosmetic procedures that I offer right here at my office that can correct the things you want to change about your smile.
1. Color: A bright, white smile can instantly make your mouth and face look better and healthier. Teeth whitening is the most common and popular kind of cosmetic dental procedure. While over the counter whitening systems can be effective, dentist-prescribed systems are stronger and tend to give you faster results. I offer both in-office and take-home teeth whitening options so that you can brighten your smile in a way that is convenient for you. Teeth whitening is a great way to rid your teeth of stains and discolorations from food, beverages, tobacco, and the natural aging process.
2. Position: Gapped, crowded, and unbecoming teeth can often be corrected by porcelain veneers, which are custom-made porcelain caps that adhere directly to existing teeth. I recommend porcelain veneers to patients that have chipped, stained, unevenly spaced, or crooked front teeth.
4. If your teeth look too big, cosmetic recontouring may be the procedure to redefine the overall appearance of your smile. If your teeth look too small, they may be covered with overgrown gum tissue. Recontouring helps to reshape the gum line, giving you a more even and attractive smile.
5. It has been proven that your smile is the first thing people notice about you. Often, people with bright, healthy-looking smiles achieve more both personally and professionally. By correcting flaws in your smile, you will instantly give off a new, positive first impression, as well as feel more confident about yourself.
If any of these procedures sound like the answer to your smile prayers, I encourage you to call my office at (734) 425-4400 to schedule a consultation.