Dentures in Livonia, MI
If you’re missing all of the teeth from your top or bottom arch, or both, you can restore your smile with dentures. Dentures give you back the ability to chew a variety of healthy foods, speak clearly, and smile brightly. That’s why Dr. Stewart looks forward to discussing your needs for a personalized treatment plan that will have you smiling in no time.
What are Dentures?
Dentures are prosthetics that replace all the teeth in your top or bottom arch, or both. There are two types of dentures to choose from: traditional dentures and implant-retained dentures. Dr. Stewart and our team will speak with you about your goals, options, individual preferences, and even your budget, so we can design a treatment plan that will help you obtain the smile you deserve.
- Traditional dentures: These dentures fit over your gums and rely on natural suction and denture adhesive to remain in place throughout the day.
- Implant-retained dentures: For more stability, these dentures snap onto titanium implant posts that are surgically placed into your jawbone.
What Can I Expect?
Dr. Stewart and our team will examine your mouth and take X-rays to ensure that your gums and jawbone are healthy. Impressions will also be taken of your arch or arches, from which a dental lab will create custom-fabricated dentures that fit the shape of your mouth and your facial features. Dr. Stewart will perform a final check for fit and comfort, and you will require a period of time to adjust to your new dentures. Although they may not feel natural at first, you will quickly become accustomed to them. However, if you experience lasting discomfort or problems, call us immediately to schedule a follow-up appointment.
What are the Benefits of Dentures?
Choosing to wear dentures may result in dramatic improvements to the overall quality of your life. Dr. Stewart and our team look forward to discussing dentures and other restorative services with you that can help you attain the smile you desire. Dentures provide numerous benefits, including:
- Dentures are more budget-friendly than full implants.
- They can quickly restore your entire smile and bite function.
- Traditional dentures are completely non-invasive.
- You can begin with traditional dentures and move on to implant-retained dentures in the future.
- Dentures are removable for easy cleaning.
- Because they do not rely on your jawbone, like dental implants, these prosthetics are suitable if you have bone dissolution from periodontal disease.
Am I a Good Candidate?
If you are missing all of your teeth on the top, bottom, or both, dentures offer a cost-effective solution to restore your smile. For a more permanent solution, speak with our team about dental implants.