Have you done your spring cleaning, yet? Like spring cleaning, dental checkups and cleanings tend to get swept under the rug. People are busy with work, family, and hobbies, so much so, that visiting the dentist remains in the back of their mind as a reaction instead of a proactive effort. If you didn’t already know, tooth decay and gum disease are silent until discomfort surfaces. Prior to this discomfort, bacteria that causes either condition exists long before you know it. Dr. Stewart offers a general dentistry quiz to encourage the continuance of attending dental checkups and cleanings, or influence those that tend to forget to schedule an appointment.
True Or False?
- True or False: Dental checkups are NOT important for preventive dental care.
- True or False: Bacteria grow on their own.
- True or False: Visiting the dentist once a year is enough to keep your mouth healthy
- True or False: Your local dentist in Livonia, MI scans for oral cancer during checkups.
- False: Dental checkups allow for a trained professional to examine your mouth for developing conditions or progress made on existing conditions.
- True: Bacteria grow as their environment allows. Surprisingly, your diet may facilitate bacteria growth. Anaerobic microorganisms feed on sugar and refined carbohydrates, which can result, if left untreated, in gum disease or tooth decay.
- False: Each individual’s oral health differs, as well as, their oral health maintenance. Your dentist in Livonia, MI can determine how often you will need to visit for a dental checkup or treatment. Although you should be brushing twice a day, flossing between meals, and using fluoride rinses as recommended, oral conditions may still persist.
- True: Oral cancer, like many other oral conditions, progresses silently until advanced stages appear. Dr. Stewart screens for oral cancer to ensure your oral health remains optimal.
About Dr. Stewart
Excellent dental care begins with developing a relationship with the patient. James R. Stewart, Jr., D.D.S., P.C., and our compassionate staff proudly serve patients of all ages from Livonia, Farmington Hills, Plymouth, Northville, Dearborn Heights, Garden City, and all surrounding communities. To schedule an appointment, call our office today at (734) 425-4400.