Does the misalignment of your teeth keep you from smiling as much as you would like? Dr. James R. Stewart, Jr. is a restorative dentist who understands the importance of having a beautiful, healthy smile, and he wants his patients to feel confident while engaging in their daily activities. That is why Dr. Stewart offers tooth-colored fillings, as opposed to unsightly metal amalgam fillings.
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Tooth-colored fillings are dental fillings that rebuild the natural appearance of tooth structure. Restoration of fractured or decayed teeth is the main purpose of these fillings, but they are also used for cosmetic purposes to change the size, color, and shape of your natural teeth. These fillings are also useful in closing gaps and repairing chipped teeth for a flawless smile.
Why Should You Choose Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Along with making your smile strong and healthy, tooth-colored fillings come with many advantages:
- They closely match your natural tooth color and appearance.
- They bond to your own tooth structure, so there is no need for grooves or pins to place them.
- They restore 85%-95% of the original tooth’s strength.
- The recovery period is quick and painless.
- Tooth sensitivity is minimal.
- They may be used on the front and back of the teeth.
- They can be easily repaired if they are damaged.
- While there has been no conclusive proof that metal fillings cause mercury poisoning, patients with metal sensitivity have reported negative reactions to metal fillings. Tooth-colored fillings are metal-free.
Dr. Stewart has many years of experience in tooth restoration. If you have any questions or concerns, he can inform you about which restoration options are right for you. To learn more about tooth-colored fillings or any other restorative procedures, contact our Livonia, MI dentist office at (734) 425-4400 or visit us online at jamesstewartdds.com.