Would you like to learn more about one visit teeth whitening? Then challenge yourself by taking today’s whitening quiz!
Here, Dr. James Stewart, your Livonia dentist provides patients with this fun one visit teeth whitening quiz.
Questions: How’s Your Teeth Whitening Knowledge ?
- True or False: One visit teeth whitening takes multiple appointments.
- True or False: Whitening only works on natural teeth.
- True or False: Whitening causes some sensitivities.
- Answer—FALSE. What’s great about one visit teeth whitening is that it’s easy to complete and only takes one appointment. To begin the treatment, your Livonia dentist first protects your gums with a gel formula that reduces sensitivities. Then, he places the whitening gel upon your teeth and activates the solution with a curing light. This step takes 20 minutes and is completed in three separate treatments. Once the whitening portion is complete, Dr. Stewart uses a quick fluoride treatment to restrengthen the enamel.
- Answer—TRUE. Unfortunately, this is true. Dental restorations like crowns and veneers don’t have the same porous qualities that natural teeth do. Therefore, the bleaching solution can’t penetrate the restorative piece and brighten its appearance. If your restorations have too many set-in stains, ask Dr. Stewart about replacing those dental pieces for a whiter pair.
On the other hand, teeth whitening is very effective for natural teeth, for most patients. In fact, the majority of people can notice up-to 10 shades of difference after a one hour, in-office whitening treatment.
- Answer—TRUE. This is highly dependent upon the patient. Some people have reported some minor sensitivities after the treatment. However, the sensitivity subsides after two or three days, at most. The remainder of patients won’t experience sensitive teeth—just a glowing, beautiful smile.
Brighten Your Smile with the Help of your Livonia Dentist
If you would like to have a more vibrant, noticeable smile, ask Dr. Stewart about one visit teeth whitening services. With his help, your teeth can the brilliance you’ve been seeking. To schedule an appointment with our Livonia dental practice, call us at (734) 425-4400. Also, visit our website to view services, testimonials, and print patient forms. We look forward to treating patients from Farmington Hills, Plymouth, Northville, Dearborn Heights, Garden City, and surrounding areas.