Are you fully informed about periodontal disease? Do you know what it takes to avoid it, how to identify symptoms, and when to schedule a visit with us if something seems slightly off? If you are not quite sure if you’re a gum-disease-knowledge master or if you still have a bit of education to soak up, we invite you to take a quick quiz. Fortunately, the more you know about keeping your gums in excellent condition, the easier it is to maintain a healthy, gorgeous smile for years to come.
True or False Quiz: Periodontal Disease
- True or False: Periodontal disease is strictly genetic – if neither of your parents has it, then you won’t need to worry about it developing.
- True or False: If you think you may be experiencing early signs of gum disease, which begins as gingivitis, we urge you to schedule an appointment immediately.
- True or False: It sounds simple but the best way to avoid gum disease is by brushing two times a day, flossing one time a day, and remaining consistent with scheduling preventive visits.
- False. Certain genetic factors may increase your chances of developing problems with your gum health – however, the leading cause of this detrimental dental disease is plaque, so all patients are susceptible.
- True. Even if your gums seem slightly red, are bleeding a tiny bit while you brush, or feel somewhat uncomfortable, call us. Treating periodontal disease immediately is extremely important in preventing it from progressing and become incurable (don’t worry – it is something we can help you manage if we cannot reverse the issue).
- True. Keeping your teeth and gums as free of plaque as possible is key – in addition, during checkups, we can detect the early signs of a periodontal problem and begin treatment.