In previous blogs we’ve discussed how cosmetic dentistry can help you obtain a beautiful smile. But how does cosmetic dentistry work? There are actually several different procedures that are considered cosmetic. The treatments we recommend will depend on the cause of your esthetic issues and the current state of your smile.
Livonia, MI Cosmetic Dentistry Quiz
- True or False: We will examine your smile to see which treatments you qualify for.
- True or False: We offer minor and extensive cosmetic treatments.
- True or False: Our procedures can erase or mask discoloration.
- True or False: We can repair damaged or misshapen teeth.
- True. The road to a beautiful new smile begins with a consultation. During this visit, the doctor will examine your teeth and gums and then talk about your smile goals. After pinpointing the factors behind your dental imperfections and assessing the current state of your smile, we will recommend the most appropriate treatment options.
- True. Some of our treatments are very conservative, such as teeth whitening. Others are a bit more extensive, such as porcelain veneers. In addition, we may need to perform restorative procedures to correct visual issues, including placing restorations or replacing lost teeth.
- True. If you have unsightly teeth stains we remove them with professional teeth whitening or mask them with either porcelain veneers or dental bonding. For surface stains teeth whitening is often enough. However, some stains are known as permanent stains, or intrinsic discoloration. For these, we will need to cover them.
- True. If a tooth becomes chipped or cracked, we can repair it with wither dental bonding or a restoration. We create dental crowns and veneers from a lifelike porcelain to ensure your new teeth are stain-resistant and will blend with the smile.
ABOUT YOUR LIVONIA COSMETIC DENTIST:
James Steward, DDS, and our compassionate staff proudly serve patients of all ages from Livonia, Farmington Hills, Plymouth, Northville, Dearborn Heights, Garden City, and all surrounding communities. To schedule a consultation, call our office today at (734) 425-4400.