What’s that? You have a cavity but you don’t really feel the urgency regarding scheduling and coming in for a dental filling? Why not? From our perspective, if you understand tooth decay, you will immediately feel the need for speed when it comes to getting your filling completed. Let’s see how well informed you are at the moment with a brief filling quiz. It will help shed light on the significance of not dragging your feet when you require restorative care.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: When you require a dental filling, you only need to feel urgent about coming in if you have a very large cavity.
- True or False: When you need a filling but you avoid it, it’s entirely possible that you will end up with an infection because the opening gives bacteria a passageway inside your tooth.
- True or False: When you let a cavity grow and grow, you run the very likely risk of ending up with a tooth that suddenly breaks.
- False. You should feel urgent no matter what. If it’s a large cavity or tiny fresh cavity, the decay isn’t going to stay or reverse. It will only become worse over time. Preventing all manner of complications is easy when you fill it.
- True. This is always a risk factor! Any opening, such as a cavity or crack, gives bacteria the chance to enter your tooth, thereby making the possibility of infection very serious.
- True. A tooth that is whole is strong. A tooth with missing tissue is much weaker. You are facing a greater chance of breaking a tooth when a cavity has destroyed some of its tissue.
Protect Decayed Teeth With Fillings ASAP
Remember that the sooner you come in for your filling, the easier it is to avoid complications associated with neglected decay. James Stewart, DDS, and our team serve patients from Livonia, MI, as well as Farmington Hills, Farmington, Plymouth, Northville, Novi, Dearborn Heights, Dearborn, Garden City, Westland, Redford, and the surrounding communities. To schedule a consultation, call our office today at (734) 425-4400.