Do you make sure you set aside time every day to clean your smile with brushing and flossing? Are you completely committed to scheduling your preventive care visits with us as we suggest? Do you know if you’re doing your best when it comes to avoiding problems with your oral health – or are you just hopeful that your efforts pay off? To demystify what it takes to protect your smile and supportive structures, we encourage you to take a quick quiz. You will discover whether you’re optimizing your ability to safeguard your smile or if you need to improve a couple areas of your care.
True or False Quiz: Preventive Dentistry
- True or False: Preventive dentistry can only help you avoid problems that have not yet begun to occur. If you are already dealing with an issue, then you will instantly require restorative treatment.
- True or False: If you have not been practicing good preventive care habits at home and you need restorations, there is no use improving preventive efforts now.
- True or False: We offer preventive dentistry to patients of all ages.
- False. It is important to understand that preventive care is multi-faceted. When it comes to problems like tooth decay or infection that are not reversible, prevention can only help inhibit these issues from occurring. However, when it comes to disorders and symptoms like headaches, bruxism, or TMJ treatment, prevention refers to the fact that we can stop the problem from escalating, while inhibiting damage from taking place.
- False. Even if you require multiple restorative treatments, preventive dentistry is always good for your smile. Brushing, flossing, and seeing us for cleanings and exams will prevent new problems from developing.
- True. Everyone needs preventive care. We treat everyone, from your young children to your teens, adults, seniors, and elder patients.