Do you get out and about to stay fit? Or do you lock yourself in during the winter months and focus only on the holidays? Stress is at an all-time high for most people in November and December, and exercise is a great way to reduce stress. At the Livonia Parks & Recreation Center, you’ll find a great selection of activities, classes, and events for every age group.
- Swimming: There’s a leisure pool and competition lap pool. There’s a water slide, lazy river, water playground, and spa pool indoors. Outdoors in the summer, kids can enjoy the splash pool or water spray ground in the sun.
- Gym Sports: The main gym features two full-size basketball or volleyball courts. In the multi-activities court, two more basketball courts are available, as well as inline hockey, floor hockey, indoor soccer, lacrosse, badminton, and special events.
- Fitness Hub: A great selection of cardiovascular equipment, ranging from treadmills to elliptical trainers to recumbant bikes, make staying fit a cinch. There are also free weights, leg press stations, and over 2K lbs. of weight plates. To keep your mind occupied during workouts, the Fitness Hub is equipped with a complete TV sound system.
- Track: A 1/11 mile track, indoors, is great for walkers and joggers. The outdoor path for walking and jogging spans 1/2 mile.
- Rock Climbing: Twelve stations are available at the 42’high by 36′ wide rock climbing wall. Parents and children love this activity, and it can be an extreme workout.
- For Kids: In addition to childcare, up to two hours at a time, the rec center has a giant tree fort for children to enjoy, and a game room for older kids.
- Skate Boarding: Outdoors, kids can enjoy a 14K sq.ft. skate park with raps, 1/2 pipe, fun box, spines, and more.
- Volleyball: There’s indoor volleyball in the gym, two sand courts are located outside.
- Soccer: Indoor and outdoor soccer are available.
So don’t stay indoors and let the calories — and stress — build up this holiday season. Get out and get fit! My team and I want you to enjoy a high quality life of good health, fun, and wellness.