When you’re focused on maintaining a healthy smile, it’s just as important that you concentrate on your gum health as it is that you keep your teeth safe. So, how to go about checking up on your gums and give them the care that they need to thrive? You’ll be relieved to know that it’s not time consuming or difficult to keep gum tissue protected and healthy. See if you’re already on track by taking our quiz (or pick up necessary tips you’ve been needing).
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: In order to protect your gums at home, your number one priority should be remembering that your dental hygiene (brushing and flossing) will let you reach your goal.
- True or False: Identifying gum health concerns can be tricky because the early stages of periodontal problems (like gingivitis) may not be apparent to you.
- True or False: Combining your care at home with visits to our practice is the best choice you can make. It will allow us to thoroughly clean your smile and offer any necessary treatment immediately.
- True. When you brush and floss, you do an exceptional job of cleaning your teeth and just beneath your gumline. A truly clean smile is one that includes healthy teeth and wonderful gum health!
- True. This can feel tricky because sometimes, symptoms will develop. Sometimes, however, they will not.
- True. Maintaining healthy gums requires daily plaque removal at home with dental hygiene, a professional cleaning to remove remaining plaque and any tartar that has formed, and a professional checkup, so we can find and treat problems right as they begin and before they have time to progress.
Keep A Healthy Smile With Professional Preventive Care
Remember that your preventive visits, which should happen twice a year, will help you avoid gum disease and other oral health problems. At James Stewart, DDS, we serve patients of all ages from Livonia, MI, as well as Farmington Hills, Farmington, Plymouth, Northville, Novi, Dearborn Heights, Dearborn, Garden City, Westland, Redford, and the surrounding communities. To schedule a consultation, call our office today at (734) 425-4400.