How much do you know about your dental cleanings and why you schedule them? Do you keep up with them consistently or do you tend to schedule your preventive care visits when you suddenly remember it’s been quite a while since you’re last trip to see us? Perhaps you’re not even quite certain how often you should be coming in. We suggest you take a quick – yet very informative – quiz to find out just how much you know about cleanings.
Dental Cleanings Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: We suggest patients see us once every month for a dental cleaning, so we can assist in thoroughly removing plaque.
- True or False: If you have been taking really good care of your smile then we might tell you to skip a dental cleaning.
- True or False: Without cleanings, your chance of tooth decay and gum disease increases.
- False. We suggest that most patients schedule a dental cleaning and checkup once every six months – that’s two times a year – to promote a healthy smile. We will thoroughly remove plaque from your teeth surfaces.
- False. If you brush your teeth and floss exactly as we recommend, you will still need to visit us twice annually. Your home care is essential but it will still leave you with a small amount of remaining plaque (and tartar) that we can remove with our professional dental techniques and instruments.
- True. The plaque and tartar on your teeth will build up, since you cannot thoroughly remove it on your own.